For the Injured Worker:
Injured workers in California
often have $6,000 in funds
for retraining, as of 2013
Since 1988 we have trained injured workers through worker's compensation plans.
Our training has been funded by all major insurance carriers for job skill training
Many injured workers never learned (or needed) computer skills before. Others have worked with older software, or had a period of not using the program, and simply need to renew those skills.
Our training is one-on-one. This means we can go at your pace, and you can learn computer skills more easily than you would in a classroom where 20 people are waiting to be helped with whatever they did not understand.
We also teach speech-recognition programs. This lets you operate your computer by voice--you talk instead of typing. Your keyboard and mouse still work if you want to use them. But this is a great solution for people who have injuries. It's also a way to prevent those injuries in the first place.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where is the class? Training is in your home or office.
- Practice computer -- don't I need one? We assist you to purchase a good laptop and printer with your training funds.
- How often are the classes? Classes are twice weekly, 2 hours each class.
- How will I master the skills? You'll have practice documents to master every skill. Between classes, you have reminder notes and easy, illustrated textbooks.
- How will I show these skills on job interviews? You create a portfolio of business documents you made, which is better than a resume.
- Veterans? We reduce our charges by 25% for veterans.